May and June where did you go? With all the traveling, moving and start of summer we have just cruised right on by past two whole months, we did have a lot of fun in those two months and crammed in way more then well lets be honest even I thought we could get it, and we loved every minute of it, except Doug getting really sick on our vacation we could have done without that for sure, but the rest of it was great, the kids have been such troopers with trips and moving and getting use to sharing a room, so much to take in and they are doing great, I am going to back track and hopefully be caught back up to present soon, LOL I know I will miss a load of stuff but hopefully I will catch the backbone of it, for journalings sake
So the beginning of May we put our house under contract to sell, we had it on the market for a little over 4 weeks which was 4 weeks of showing the house almost daily if not 2 or 3 times a day, it was very hard to keep the house show ready everyday contrary to popular belief we do not live our lives that way, don't get me wrong we are clean but not show ready clean everyday, anyways, the day after the inspector came to do the house inspection we got this MONSTER hail storm, it was crazy, We really thought we were going to lose windows, it was very concerning to the kiddos, until it was over then they loved collecting the hail, we took pictures to expedite the insurance claim we knew we would need to file this is the storm in action
After, piles of hail kind of looks like snow cover
I had just thrown a baby shower for a friend more to come on that, and had a golf ball handy, the hail was comparable in size
We did not lose windows, but our roof and rain gutters as well as a few personal items were totaled by the insurance adjuster, Luckily I know a really great builder that knows a great roofer and we were able to get our roof replaced quickly, many people here are still on a six month wait list, which would have messed up the sale of our home, which has already happened. Now every time someone says I think it may storm the kids say is it going to hail, We need to get inside away from the windows, yeah it was a little traumatic I would say.
No comments:
Post a Comment