Friday, April 25, 2014

CA Part 2 ( a little long)

 So We arrived in CA and the next day was the funeral stuff, it was a long day with the viewing the service and then My cousin hosted a family gathering at his place which was really nice to get to chat and hang out with family, but it was a full day by the time we made it back to the hotel. Traditionally when I would visit my Grandmother in her home town we would always take the ferry into San Francisco, we decided that it was only fitting we still do that. So our second day we hopped on the ferry and checked out the bay and Piers. The kids loved it, I don't know why I don't have pictures of them on the ferry, I know I took some? Maybe on my Mom's camera, anyways we had a good time. But we were beat by days end
 Pier 39
 Dryn rode in her umbrella stroller for part of the day until James got tired and I put her in the carrier, Wow that was a workout.
 Grandpa and his side kick, My kiddo loves, loves loves his grandpa. He cannot wait to go fishing this summer. Above he is talking with my dad about fishing and below he is eating fish. Both our big kids love to eat fish. This trip Addy even tried crab and shrimp, she didn't care for the shrimp much but she ate most of Grandpas crab. They are so funny about the fish, they will ask Doug and I to make it for them, but we are not really fish eaters only on occasion. It is something they love getting to have with Grandma and grandpa though



 Like I said we were beat by the end of the day, look at him sleeping in the car, he was so upset when I woke him from this little nap, yipes

 We did love having a park right there, why don't more hotels have such wonderful locations, it was so nice

 After that we decided to start the trip back, we came home through UT so my Mom could take care of some things with her Dad's passing, going this route added 3 hours by route, but more like 5  or 6 with kids. We made the best of it, and stopped at places I have never seen and some I never care to see again, I did enjoy lake Tahoe though it was so beautiful and I don't really care to ever drive across Nevada again, I really did not like it there, with the exception of a fabulous Pizza place we found
 The kids loved the sand, the fresh air and stretching their little legs which became a treat in and of itself.



 Apparently I am the only one that can look at the camera? What goofs.  And below our little dryn ready to eat, yep we have posted that yet but she is doing so good and eating like a champ she for the most part hasn't turned her nose up to anything oatmeal peaches and apples are her favorites of the things she has had and turkey and gravy her least favorite. The veggies she is so so on squash she likes beans and peas and carrots she doesn't gag.
Wow it was quite the trip we were all so glad to be home and back with Doug whom we missed so very much. We were glad we could go and have such a memorable time with my parents and that we could be there for the service. I am also thankful for all the opportunities we have had to talk with our kids about the plan of salvation and life after death, don't get me wrong I would prefer it to be more on a someday type teaching then a this is what is happening process, but I am thankful none the less The kids are doing so well with it all and it gives them the opportunity to think about it and ask us questions that honestly we haven't thought of in terms of teaching to our little ones. It was amazing to see what they retained from January when we lost my Grandpa. They seemed to be able to move with the process much easier. It is just so nice to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good trip regardless the circumstances...Dryn has the cutest cheeks. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off them.

    ReplyDelete