Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Boy

 My friend Erin just had her first little boy, She has two adorable girls that we love, but this is their first boy, so she needed a shower, or well another friend and I wanted to throw her a shower is probably more accurate, babies are such pleasant people they should all be showered.... A little party to welcome them to the world, it was so fun and I say that because I wasn't the one having the shower I got to do the fun stuff, so we did a sports theme, we narrowed it to a few sports, but I just decorated with whatever I could come up with, I was decorating someone else's home so it was a little hard to decide what I needed and didn't need. I designed the invites for her which were along the same lines you see above with the blue chevron, which my friend is really into.  They turned out cute, I would post them but I am not good at blurring out the info I don't want accessible to the world so you will have imagine them being adorable
 Erin and I are two peas in a pod, although most would not guess we would even be friends, we run in very different circles and have very different friends, but we could not think more alike if we tried, it is sometimes creepy. I love her and I am very thankful to have a friend like her, I would be so lost without her. She keeps me grounded and thankfully our daughters are best friends so we get to spend a lot of time together,sometimes our play dates run very long, and it is hard for us to say goodbye, not so much the kids, We should all have friends like that, right? Although my kids were so sad on vacation without her daughter they were coming up with ways that she could be with our family always, James' idea (totally came up with on his own and is sticking with it even now weeks later) was that he would marry her so she could be with us forever, so sweet, although he is already promised to another, per a parental arrangement, but if he is going to choose someone not of our choosing HAHAHA I would love for it to be Addy's best friend Avery.
 All set up the diaper cake and baseballs to the sides
 The food, Addy and James are Party people they could not understand how it could possibly be that I would throw a party and not invite them.
I made the food to look like different sports balls, so the cheese cake bites were basketballs and baseballs, I dipped the strawberries above, and I did the yummy brownie bites a recipe I got from my sister in law I just had them with blue frosting though, it all came together very nicely, my friends home that was nice enough to host it since I was mid moving and had boxes all over was/is beautiful, and we had another friend that did the games which were a blast. I can't wait for the next shower I am keeping my fingers crossed my friend with all little boys is going to have a girl 7 weeks and we will know!!!! (My Mom was a huge help with getting the decor and food finished, it was fun to have her come over and help)

No comments:

Post a Comment