We set up in two rooms and a corridor at Doug's office which is perfect since he is a builder, it totally tied to our theme. Some of our other games were pin the parts on the lego man, Toss the brick which was a lego bean bag into a box made to look like a large lego...
We served lunch which was made up of the kids favorites so it was kind of random things that don't really go together, but they did for this party. When we got food for all the kids there was a moment where it was silent, which was crazy for the number of kids we had.
We had buckets of lego's (we had gotten on a black friday sale so worth it) that we set around and gave all the kids a set of wheels so they could build a car these are all the cars that were made. There were some really clever ones.
The party goers. Our kids are blessed to have good friends that are good people we are thankful to have each of them in our lives and for the friendship they give to our family.
Doug put together a ramp so the kids could race their cars which was a hit.
I made lego brick cupcakes, The bricks were made of chocolate and turned out so cute.
We played pass the lego, kind of like hot potato.
Audryn came over after the party for a little bit to play, During the party since I knew I was going to be busy she went to a friends house and played which is so her style anyways.
The three kiddos together. The kids had so much fun at the party, I am glad it all came together. We saved the presents and they opened them on their actual birthdays
We all had a blast to be quite honest. Who knew lego's would be so much fun.
Here are some pictures of the decor we put together, normally these frames have sports illustrated magazine covers in them, we just taped paper over the top and added some lego decor, It was fun. Some of the decor came from a friend that had thrown a lego party for her son awhile back she gave me all her stuff to put to use, I gladly took it, tweaked it a bit and added to it. We had the lego movie playing in the back ground but when we got home the kids said we didn't even get to watch the movie and I said it was playing the whole time, they both were shocked they had no idea. They were too busy having fun.
We made name plaques for both the kids with their age and we even made lego crayons! Doug melted crayons into molds to make minifig's Below is our coloring station
It was really a lot of fun to have all our friends together and have such a fun party. I wish I had taken better picture of all the decor even the straws had lego heads on them it looked so good alas I was too busy with everything else I left the picture taking up to others, at least I have some pictures. The next day was James birthday and we did a birthday dinner with the cousins. We got to have the cousins all to ourselves and we played some of the same lego games and reused some of the decor. Addy choose to go to dinner on her birthday after going to scheels and riding on the ferris wheel. .
No comments:
Post a Comment