Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Introducing the good Behavior Boxes




So We have been having a little trouble with some extra attitude at our house. The kids were loving their chore chart, but I was not being very good at paying them I just forget come the end of the day, or a poor behavior would happen and their money would get taken away, it was becoming a bit of a problem. The kids know that I expect them to pick up after them selves and what their chores are, they need to make their beds, and pick up their toys, help unload the dishwasher and clear dishes after meals, They need to brush their teeth when the get up and put their Jammie's away, etc. But their attitudes were getting just too much for me, so we mixed things up, the kids are doing so well with this we have been at it for about 2 months  We took pill boxes and decorated them and put numbers on them when the kids are choosing the right or behaving they get an instant reward that can't be taken away, I am not really one for instant gratification per say but for my little kiddos the extra boost right away for a job well done has made a huge difference in our home. So the boxes are filled with money, a small treat, tally tokens, tv tokens and ipad tokens, The kids earn tally's to go on outings, and they have to have a token to watch 30 min of tv or 30 min of ipad, Sometimes I offer TV or Ipad for learning or other purposes but they don't beg me everyday any more to watch tv, they only come to me if they have a token, we start the show and timer and everyone is good when it is over. I do love expectations and clear simple communication, it makes home life so much more peaceful. I also have a special treat token which means they get to pick something out of the candy bucket, So loving the Behavior boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment