I won't lie Labor day was a bit of a bust for us, the campsite we reserved was calling for snow, We decided to make the best of it and stay home and camp out in the back yard, or kind of. We had some learning fun with dry ice, which was completely unrelated to the evening it just so happened we had been delivered a package with dry ice in it so I told Doug we should do some fun things with it and the kids, he immediately looked and me and said dry ice bombs really? he was so excited, UM NO, Oh my word that is not AT ALL what I had in mind.... So we stuck with my idea of just teaching them about it and what happens to it when water is put on it, we compared it to normal ice, you know the norm, no bomb kind of things..... Sheesh Then we had dinner and roasted Marshmallows and made smores, It was fun, this was suppose to be our fun camping trip with Grandma and Grandpa, so They put up their trailer in the back yard and slept outside with the kids, or they started to, It didn't really end up that way, My Mom ended up having to go in an ambulance to the hospital where she stayed for 11 days, She had to have surgery and well gave us quite the scare, thankfully she is home now and stating to recover I hope. It has been a very crazy couple of weeks. We are thankful for a lot of things actually like that we didn't go camping had we been away from help I am not sure what we would have done with Mom or how she would have faired, I am thankful for a baby monitor that picked up noise across the house and piped it into my ear so I could be there for My mom when she needed me. I am thankful for a husband that follows the spirit and moved us into my parents home for no good reason other then he thought we should, Right place Right time I am thankful for a loving Father who stands beside his wife and holds her hand even when it is really tough and never leaves her even when his body says enough is enough I am thankful for that example of love. Mostly I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to answer my prayers and let my Mom live, at least one more day, I know there is no guarantee, When it is time it is time, but the very selfish part of me prays it is not her time anytime soon. We have had so much loss in our family this year I just am so thankful that she pulled through and is still here. We spent a lot of time visiting her in the hospital and then when she finally got to come home the kids have spent a ton of time Nursing her back to health, needless to say we have been working on teaching empathy which is not innate, what better time then with a Grandma who needs a little extra help. Anyways so labor day this year nyah, I could have done without it....
No comments:
Post a Comment