Guitar Girl, Addy is loving Doug's guitar, or Bitar as she calls it, she spends a lot of time playing it and singing her songs. March flew by, I can't believe it is the last day already, I don't know where the time goes, But here are some pictures from some of what we have been up to, I am trying to get caught up but it is not all that easy to do.
We went to a friends birthday party where the kids were able to go horseback riding, they both loved it, and can't wait to do it again. Addy is wanting to do lessons again and as we have hit kind of a plateau with her progress in some area's we may look into it to try and get her going again. We will see. Right now they are in Swim lessons and are doing so good, although the pool is indoors and Jim asks every week even if we are putting on snow boots and hats to go to the pool if we will be going to Kelsie's pool outside, he really misses his summer swim teacher and the outdoor pool, who doesn't though lets be honest.
We made a weekend trip to Utah to visit Doug's family Our oldest nephew came home from his mission in Argentina and Our Oldest Niece is engaged and they were kind enough and organized enough to have her bridal shower while a lot of family was in town, which was so nice of them to do. I am so sad I didn't have my camera with me, it was such a lovely time. We are so thankful for the great example the Older Cousins are setting for our little ones, they adore their cousins, to the point of lately the game of choice is Utah State College which is where the three oldest Cousins will be attending in the Fall, it warms my heart to hear the kids with such desire to go there as well, lets hope that one sticks around! We also got to see a lot of his other siblings and their kids that live in Utah as well, we love how well the cousins include our kiddos even though we are not there all the time, they still make them feel loved and a part of the group. The crazy thing though was while we were gone a leprechaun snuck into our house and made a mess, he left chocolate all over the floor, little piles of gold treats for all of us, and apparently he went to the bathroom, and has not been trained to clean up after himself, did you know leprechauns had green pee? Very Interesting that sneaky Leprechaun it was so fun for him to visit.
Another year Older, I had a birthday, it was a good day, Doug took me out to lunch, just me him and a sleeping Audryn, and then he took care of dinner for me and got me a cake, it was so nice. My parents joined the fun too, which is always a joy for us. I cannot believe the friends that called and sent love my way for my birthday, I truly felt so loved. I think I was on the phone most of the day I never do that, it was so nice to hear from everyone and chat with those I caught, and the ones I missed I loved the messages. It encouraged me to be better about others birthdays I use to be really good about that but have kind of gotten lazy.
Pinata! The kids and Doug Made pinatas they had a blast hitting them and breaking them open which freed me from batting practice for the day, you think I am kidding but I am not, this kid bats nearly everyday usually while I am feeding dryn I can throw the ball and he can practice hitting.More matchy matchy squared, the girls were precious in pink even though you can't really see dryns dress, it was cute. More things we don't have pictures of, we were asked to join a kid swap/ date night group, it has been so fun. I love having the kids over and the date nights so it is a win win for us. So far on our hosting nights we have done glow stick hide and go seek with fry bread tacos for dinner and brownie for treat, and we did a tent movie Rio getting ready for rio 2 to come out, we had pizza rolls or rollino it's proper name and cookie brownies for treat. The families we swap with are awesome we love having the kids together and the friendships they are forming. For Date nights we did a double one night with one of the other couples for dinner and then did a pinewood derby Date for Elders Quorum and we did a deep clean on our house the next time which may seem lame but I love any time I get with Doug even the working time and it needed to be done, he did feed me first.
And I even have managed to get a little crafting done, I have had this almost done for awhile now but I have been trying to finish my almost done pile so now it looks like I have been really productive because the pile is getting smaller and smaller. This is Addy's red dress picture with her Grandma Addy is so Happy with the way it turned out and so am I. I have been trying some new things and so far have been pretty happy with how they have turned out. Addy Audryn and I had a couple of girls nights where we had friends come over and join us for some girly fun, Addy is really into Highschool musical which is so stinkin funny to me, she loves that Troy Bolton so we have made it fun for her and her little girl friends which is fun for me and my friends too. I think that pretty much wraps up March, it is cold and snowing here this morning, but we have had a few nice days to which we have been so thankful, the kids have been outside loving that they are not bundled up like stay-puff marshmallows. They are eagerly awaiting baseball camp to start here soon and for Summer the countdown has begun spring doesn't even have a chance.
What fun
ReplyDeleteI read all the new posts. What fun times you guys have had. Your kids are growing so big. I can't believe it. I love all the pictures and updates. Sorry to hear about your Grandma.
ReplyDeleteGo Aggies!
ReplyDelete