I am so almost caught up from last year, although I am really probably not doing it justice, This is the post from Doug's Surprise party! Doug has only had 3 maybe 4 birthday parties in his life, which is kind of sad for a Boy who loves to party and be around others. Anyways it has been like 7 years since the last party I threw for him, I really wasn't planning on throwing a party this year and technically I didn't, but the kids, they are so darn cute, they just knew Dad needed to have a surprise party, they brought it up several weeks before his birthday to be honest I thought they would let it go, one of these days I will learn my kids don't let things go, they get ideas and they stick like glue until I crush them or embrace them whichever happens to be for the day. So they came up with the guest list, the menu, the decorations, even where to have it and mast shocking they kept it a SECRET from Doug! I did help carry out their plans, and Grandma helped me a ton, I having just had a baby. I pulled the info from them over a week time span and asked in hypothetical's so they gave me their answers and then I acted. Addy was so funny, she really wanted the party to be at the skating rink, but it wasn't open on the night we were planning to have the party, so I gave other idea's as to where we could have the party she told me and I quote " When I am throwing a party, or the party is for me then I can pick where to have it otherwise I should keep my ideas to myself" SERIOUSLY I about wet myself. The kids worked really hard on the party and the gift they got for Doug they even wrapped it themselves and were so excited for his birthday. Luckily my Mom is AWESOME and helped me pull it all off, again it was nice to leave the mess for someone else to clean up, The party was at a local Pizza Hut, and the picture below doesn't really look like many of Doug's friends, but each of those kiddos all of which we just adore, have parents that we adore equally as much. We are so thankful to have such GREAT friends that are so fun to do things with.
James was literally licking the cake, he is such a funny guy, We are so thankful for Doug and how much Joy he brings to our lives. He is so hard working and caring and such a good Dad. I don't think the kids would have worked nearly as hard to put his birthday together if they didn't just love him so much. They wanted his day to be perfect and perfect it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment