The big kids decided they wanted to have a pirate and a pirate princess party for their friend birthday party this year, we are still working on how to master the two birthdays so close to each other and to Christmas. So this year we tried to do a friend party and a family party. The kids have a lot of mutual friends and sibling friends so we did the pirate/ princess party family style and invited whole families to join us for the fun, being so close to Christmas I didn't think that many families would be able to make it so I let the kids choose a fair amount of friends to invite for fear most wouldn't be able to and I didn't want it to be just us, although it would have been fine if it was, well we were rather surprised that all but one of the families we invited made time to come, it was so fun! We had a blast the kids both felt so loved and had so much fun, and their friends had fun too, even the older friends like 9 and 10 were enjoying themselves which was a huge relief to me.
We rented space at a local kids klubhouse that has indoor entertainment slides, scooters, running, basketball, climbing, so fun! Since it was a pirate/ pirate princess party, I took a treasure chest and filled it with the appropriate attire for our guests to make their own costumes to fit the kind of pirate, Pirate princess or Princess they fancied themselves to be. It was a hit, so much so that the other party that was happening at the same time their kids wanted to join the fun and plunder our treasure chest as well. Jim's cake was a Jake and the never land pirate cake and Addy's was a princessy cake, although she was a pirate princess. The funny thing about the cake, apparently Doug and I don't know how to order cake, I usually just make them but was going for simple this year, we ended up with oodles due to us not being very clear when we ordered it, but I always prefer to have more then enough then not. We did have over 50 people there, so I was thankful to have enough for all.
We kept things simple and decorated the table with some decorations I had left over from our princess party last year and our pirate party over the summer, it was nice to do it somewhere besides our home so we had oodles of room to run, play, scream and shout and someone else cleaned up the mess.
Doug trying out the toys, normally Doug is the one to do all the playing with the kids, but he felt bad the other dad's were all kind of hanging out over by the babies, so he spent most of the night with Audryn and I got to play which is why there are not many pictures I was too busy having fun!
I can't believe the kids are another year older, Lately I have just been dreading the passing of every day, I hate that they are aging and that they are growing up so dang fast, I just want to enjoy every second with them and treasure every moment, which could be why I am so tired but it is well worth it, at least the effort I don't know that I am actually achieving it to the fullest potential but some days are better then others.... How we love our Pirates, princess or not. They are both so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment