Before we left for our last major vacation for the year, we found these in our garden! I was very excited we at least grew radishes, I planted radishes for Doug, since he likes them, the kids both tried them but didn't really love them so he ate a lot of radishes in a short amount of time, our spinach is also on and doing great, while we were gone our garden took off and everything but my peppers looks like we might actually get produce from! This is our first BIG garden so we did some experiments to see what will and won't grow here as well as what is strong enough to grow through my lack of green thumb. The story behind the radishes make me laugh though, I was out pulling weeds, our garden is planted in peaks, with valley's as walk ways, however right after we planted we had rain and a lot of it, 6 days of it, on one of those days we got more then 4 inches so lots of rain, which washed out and redistributed my seeds, so they are kind of all over the place particularly my pumpkins, the radish's were in the valley I thought they were weeds until I discovered the radish itself, should be an adventure....
These are the boxes I sent out to our three winners, PINK, PINK, PINK Addy was talking to the baby this morning and said I think she just told me she loves pink too Mom, Yes I am sure that is what the baby was thinking addy, she is so cute and loves the baby so much already. I had my 24 week appointment yesterday, all is well baby is doing great, she kicked the Dr square on and let her presence known, I have to do another Blood sugar test which was a bummer to hear, but better safe then sorry, since I am insulin resistant I always fail the one hour, and have to do the three hour, knowing this though my Dr. is going for a 2 hour test which should be much better and hopefully won't make me as sick.
We had a friend day before we left on vacation, it never fails that we get on vacation and the kids start noting that they miss their friends, they do have some good friends that are just adorable, but I thought I would head it off with having play dates with some of their closest friends before we left, it worked out they could all come over on the same day so 2 came over in the morning, then two mid day after naps and the other two for dinner and activities, it was a great day we had the water up all day and the kids just played, played played, that night they SLEPT! It was really relaxing and fun. we had two pools and a sprinkler set up making their own little water park, we also set up the bubble blowers so there were bubbles all over, lots of entertainment.
A whole day of water play with friends, my girls would be in heaven.
ReplyDeleteMy "garden" looks horrible. The sprinklers didn't water it like I had hoped. I think I will be lucky to get anything.
ack! I hate the glucose tests! I always have to take the 3 hour one too and was always so disappointed with the results. I hope you don't have to be diabetic even for a couple of months. Let me know if you do and I'll send you some of the better recipes that I used.
ReplyDelete