I don't think I have been this on top of Fathers Day since Doug Had his first Fathers Day, the kids and I worked hard for a couple of weeks putting together his gift, I did it over a span of time and would take each kid separately to do things so if one spilled the beans he would still be a little surprised. We collected some of his favorite treats for this bucket, so he could take it to work, to have some treats and think of us, we made him a Fathers day banner made out of paper ties and both the kids did a print for him, It was fun, I think the best part though was the song they sang just for him. Whenever the primary kids are going to sing in sacrament I usually start a week or two before them to help addy learn and know the song so she isn't as upset about going up in front of everyone For Father's Day they did two songs, My Dad and Daddy's Homecoming, Addy did great in sacrament Jimmy isn't old enough for primary yet, so we did a singing at home for Dad, as he has a good portion of songs memorized, here is what they sang, "I'm so glad when daddy comes home glad as I can be, clap my hands, shout for joy and climb up on him, put my arms around him tight and hug just like this pat his cheeks and give him what a Staunchy on the Bum!" We did not practice it like that, and it is one of those moments where as a parent you should not laugh and encourage but oh my word a staunchy on the bum...LOL Those two are so stinking hilarious , in case you are wondering what a staunchy is, it is a word the two of them made up for when the get bonked. Oh Goodness, they have since got back to the correct version, they are so cute singing about their dad, How they love him....
I"m so glad you defined staunchy for us. You two definitely deserve such fun little goofballs!
ReplyDelete