Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Coop Party

 Today was our last day of coop! 4 of the 5 moms are expecting so the Mom that was in charge decided to do a surprise baby shower she asked me to help out and do the games and a few things of course at the time she didn't know I was pregnant but I am always happy to help so it worked out great, even though she was kind of bummed when I told her the news. We started the morning with a waffle bar complete with sausage and juice, it was great, then the kids had some play time while the Mom's chatted and cleaned, then on to the games, I don't have pictures of all of them that is the hard thing about being in charge, and getting pictures I have not mastered that yet....
 We started with swaddlededottle  I should note the baby shower was for the kids which is not really all that common so I was getting kind of creative with my games, anyways we split up into family teams competing for heart beads, the family with the most beads got to pick their baby shower gift first, There were some great swaddles on four year olds, so fun
 After swaddling we moved on to Big Belly race, we put balloons in their tummys and they had to waddle to their shoes, put them on and waddle back without falling over, losing their baby or injuring anyone else, I should have video taped this one it was so stinkin funny!

 We learned pregnant women should wear slip on shoes, After that we did chug the bottle, in which someone  from each team had to chug three ounces of apple juice out of a bottle with a slow nipple, that takes some muscle and some gumption to use a bottle, We did a baby food taste testing next, in which they got one taste of 6 different baby foods and they had to identify the ingredients, some were easy some not so much
 I made a diaper cake and we did guess the number of diapers, this was the only activity that had an actual immediate prize to win, they were competing for the cake, I had my kiddos team up with the family that isn't expecting and to my surprise they won, so the cake came home with us, LOL
And our last activity was Diapering Mom, they all got a roll of toilet paper and two pieces of tape to make a diaper on Mom. After we of course talked about how these were silly activities we were doing for our party and not things we would actually do any other time, then we talked about families and how important Big brothers and Big Sisters are, the kids decorated slap bracelets that said big brother or big sister and then they got to pick their baby shower gift, which was really more family oriented then just baby. It was a lot of fun, The Mom that hosted did a great job and everyone participated so well which always makes things more fun. It was not the traditional cap and graduation ceremony but it was a Good time! And with that I will probably only have one more coop post for a season......

No comments:

Post a Comment