Our little Adelaide has been working so hard, rather Mom and Dad have been working so hard to help Addy be able to sleep through the night again without disturbances in her own bed, I think we have tried just about everything, You have to understand since the beginning she has been our too good to be true sleeper, it all started when she broke her arm, her sensory needs changed drastically and with all the troubleshooting help from our OT I just could not get her back on track, so we upped her OT to twice a week (please keep in mind she has four other therapies already) and we just stuck to it like glue, it was our number one issue we were working on, we of course always have a list but this has been at the top. We seriously upheived her sensory diet trying to find what was going to help her, because sleep is yes that important to me it is right up there with teaching a child that he/she is a Child of God, a close second learning and being capable of sleeping and getting appropriate amounts, I am pretty sure those two things will take one farther in life and being happy then well most anything else Off my soap box, So we have had over 6 months of focus on this and we have finally made progress! Addy has slept in her own room for two weeks with no sleep disturbances, of course I wouldn't being telling you if she hadn't already broken her streak, she did come in at 5 am last night and finish the night on our floor, but she is doing so good, even if the new diet is work, it is SO WORTH IT!!!!! Ah sleep.... The other note worthy thing, since upping her OT to twice a week I think we are going to be able to decrease her speech, her language has had another huge gain in just a two month period I am telling you those OT's worth their weight in Gold. I am still standing by new parents should be given a parenting book when they find out they are pregnant and a Sensory book. Pictures of our weeks to come soon, shhhshhesh where does the time go.
Congrats Addy and parents on working so hard. We miss our OT... we have yet to find one b/c of our silly insurance.
ReplyDelete