I have to admit I was so lucky I got the letter S for coop, my dear creative friend Christy did all the work for me as she had the letter S for her coop and posted all her fabulous ideas, I had already decided to do a safari and then just incorporated a chunk of the fun she had into it. It was so smooth. Thank you Christy. So We did these animal cupcakes for snack and then I made the ones below to talk about Size, the kids all wanted the biggest cupcake, they were so funny about it but they did just fine with the little ones and loads of strawberries and their swirly straws.
Before we headed off on our adventure we did sweet smelling strawberry scratch and sniffs by taking a picture of a strawberry on card stock painting it with white glue and then sprinkling strawberry jello over it, the kids were amazed, I could have stopped there.We were so busy with the activities and fun I didn't get many pictures. But we didn't we went on a safari and hunted six animals, rectangles because that was our Shape we were learning and the number 19. We used our Senses to learn about each of the animals. Throughout the house I had hid eggs that were shaped liked animals (thank you Easter clearance) and the kids could grab them as we found them we would stop the hunt and do the S activity, like sing, play Simon says, slither like snakes, stand, sit, sew our shadows on, I had 20 s activities in the eggs they found all but two
Ready to go hunting, for elephant they had to listen to the sounds it made and decide what animal it was, for chimpanzee they had to dig their food out with a stick and taste different things, it was dried blueberries in chocolate pudding, for lions we did a lion hunt, with rhythm sticks and then we used our noses to hunt the scent of cotton balls peppered with essential oils, for hippos we played human hungry hungry hippos and threw cheerios at each others masked faces, which was hilarious I wish I had video of that. The Panda we watched the live Panda at the San Diego Zoo to see what we could learn with our eyes and for Lemurs we leaped all over to see if we could leap as far as them, not quite but we did have some good leaping....
I found safari hats at the dollar store, and I made vests out of paper grocery bags, then Doug actually made binoculars out of toilet paper rolls and duck tape, I was three paper towel rolls short for making our snakes so jimmy, addy and I did that later We had awesome S sheets that Christy had created, the kids loved
All and all the S turned out quite Super
Thanks again christy I hope you have the same letter as me next time, LOL could I be that fortunate?
so fun, I wish there was a group like this were we live! I guess thats what we get for living in the middle of no were! But I should try some of these fun activities with my two little ones, I am sure they would love it. Even if it is just with me... :)
ReplyDelete