Sunday, January 11, 2015

Six years old

 Adelaide also had a birthday right before Christmas. She turned 6!!! I am in awe of her everyday. She is amazing. She is truly one of the kindest most thoughtful and Selfless people I know Which I think is saying a lot since she is 6. She has a very mature spirit. She is close to the spirit and is very good at listening to it. She often prompts me to help others and to meet needs that I didn't know needed to be met. She does have her moments when it is clear she is 6, but they are few, Life is not easy for her by any means but she is happy so happy. I just love her. She never wants anyone to feel left out and will give of herself willing usually at the drop of a hat. She shares like a champ, sometimes I feel bad she is so willing to give and James knows she will move heaven and earth for him.Sometimes a lethal combination :) This little girl has the growth jean! She grows and grows like it is no ones business. She is over 4 feet tall and has lost 10 teeth total although one of them had to be pulled she had a permanent molar that was growing sideways into a baby molar and destroyed the root of it, so it had to be pulled but the rest have just come right out no problem. Which is CRAZY!!! She was just days short of getting her front teeth for Christmas they cut in the 5th of January. We are excited for her to have teeth to eat with she was getting kind of low on them.


 Addy loves legos and is SO GOOD at them, It would not surprise me if she grows up to be a builder or designer of some kind, she has the brain and aptitude for it. I give her different cards to make all kinds of things out of building materials and she puts them together no problem, She can follow constructions as she calls them very well.  Her favorite animal is an Owl she loves them. She loves a good adventure and is really quite tomboyish. She really likes anything boy, She is starting to phase out of her favorite color being pink which is a sad day for Doug and I it was really the only girly thing she liked. She loves to swim and be in the water, to swing and go to the park, to go to chuck e cheese and gymnastics. She also really likes music class. This year she is doing Kindergarten at home we supplement with a class at the gym that she adores. She has music class she is doing pre piano and she still sees a speech therapist an occupational therapist and a vision therapist. She works so hard and has made so much progress. She is learning to read and is making great progress with it, She is a natural at math which goes hand in hand with that building thing.
 Her day is not complete if she has not played outside which I love about her, she loves her outside time even if it is so cold I can only give her five minutes outside she makes the best of it. She loves to go and explore and play!
 A pilot for Halloween nothing girly was her requirement for her costume

 She is so brave and tries hard things everyday, The specialists we work with will occasionally meet with Doug and I to review Addy's diagnosis and her situation helping us to adapt to her current needs and to prepare for possible future needs, They always make it a point to express to us how much effort it takes for her to do even the simplest of tasks because of the way her brain works and learning new tasks is particularly consuming, The advise extra patience and understanding and a holistic approach to learning rather then 1 dimensional . When I think of her and how much she can do, I can't help but know how blessed we are. And how amazing she is, She wouldn't be able to do the many things she does if she didn't have an outstanding desire and positive attitude.


 I think one of my favorite things is to see her hand in hand with her siblings, James and Addy usually walk together hand in hand to primary, be still my heart.
 Her fashion sense well, who am I to be critical, as I have no fashion sense but she really is her own person. Her favorite clothes to wear are a pair of gold pants and a blue button down shirt, if I want her to wear something all I have to do is say it looks like something daddy would wear and she is sold.She is really into yoga and swimming right now and motivates us all to do them with her as often as possible. And she LOVES sledding

She really is super sweet and just amazing. We definitely have our days, but for the most part she is so obedient and tries so hard to make good choices and to be the BEST big sister and a good example. She cries when she misses church and will NOT let us skip family home evening, if we have to have it on another night she holds us to it. She is a planner through and through, and loves most everyone unconditionally.  I asked her 20 questions here are some of her answers.
Who is your favorite person in the whole world? My whole family even my cousins
What song do you love? Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
What is your favorite color? Red
What are you really good at? Helping my brother and sister and building lego's
What would you buy with 1000 dollars? Maybe save it
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? The problem is I like them all, maybe vanilla
Who is your biggest hero? My brother and Sister
If you had one wish what would it be? To stay with my family forever

And that last questions sums it up, So sweet. Love that girl. I just wish she wasn't growing up so darn fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment