Friday, July 11, 2014

Nick's Wedding

 We got up VERY early and caught the first flight out of Florida back to Colorado, with time to spare so we could make it to my Cousin Nick's wedding. We landed, my Mom picked us up we went to lunch with my family the kids took naps, went swimming and then headed to the wedding, the weather held until the end of the ceremony so they did not get rained on, but oy it was close. It was lovely Lindsey and Nick looked so happy, they have been planning the big day for quite some time and they had remembered everything. Nothing was overlooked.
 It was all at one location, so they were married and then we moved inside for a dinner and dancing which was so much fun.
 Nick was even thoughtful enough to have sparkling cider served to those of us that do not drink.
I must say it has been awhile since I have been to a wedding not in the temple, but it was very nice, one of the best I have been to. We particularly liked the dancing.
 Addy loved the fluted glasses

 My Brother and His lovely wife. The kids loved getting to see their cousins and play with them, that is always one of their favorite things.
 We stayed and danced until almost the end, actually I told Doug five more minutes and five minutes later I was sick and it was time to go. But we loved dancing, James is Hilarious he was upset because the boy in the white pants you can see had some moves he could not do, they were having a dance off almost the entire night. Just Cute

 I come from a long line of baby people, so when there are family gatherings it is likely the baby get passed around a lot, she doesn't seem to mind, here with my Aunt Shirley and Below with my Uncle Dale.

It was so fun to be at the wedding and see Nick take the next step in his life, His bride was beautiful and we are so glad she has joined the family. We had a great day with family and then we had to head home, My parents ended up taking the big kids in their car, I was pretty sick so we were not sure if we would make it home that day or not, but about 1ish I  felt like we could make a dash for it, we put dryn in the car and did not stop unless we had to, we ended up beating my parents home.... It was such a wonderful way to start our summer,minus being sick but it was mid june by the time we got home... Quite the summer kickoff

No comments:

Post a Comment