Wednesday, July 9, 2014

End of year Coop party's

 We are always torn come the end of the year, summer means play group which we love and it is so fun, but we are so sad when coop is over. This last year we had two groups one on Tues for 3-4 and one on Wed for 4-5 The Tues group had 7 kids which is kind of a lot, but we loved each one of our friends that was in the group, James was the youngest, but he knowledge wise can hold his own, he is emotionally still young though so we had to work through that. We had an ice cream party for his last day, We just appreciate and respect the mom's that make coop happen and work so smoothly this was our third year with 3 of these mom's and they rock, we had a couple new mom's and they just fit right in, making it another great year.
 Addy's coop was on Wed and it was a smaller group which had it's perks it still had the flare of friends and learning together but it was small and quaint so we could work on target area's. The younger group we ran a little different there are always two Mom's we work together, we had kind of a set curriculum as far as a backbone of what to teach they could do it however they wanted but with the little kids it is nice to have a reinforcement of knowing you learned the letter N today, to get them talking and for us we would carry it over to solidify what they were working on. For the older group we would take a month at a time and pick our own topics some of the lessons carried all month some didn't it was really fun to try it this way and worked great with the smaller group. And for me personally I was able to manage the dates to get a lot of my turns taken before I had Audryn so after I had her the kids were still going but I didn't have to teach for a bit. We did a lot of field trips this year which I really liked, I am not sure what next year will look like, but I am excited to do another year of coop, at least one.
 This is Addy's last day of coop, they did fun water games at the park, and a lunch it was so fun, I love the ladies we did this group with, it will be hard not to see their little kiddo's every week with them all starting kindergarten next year, these girls were in preschool together the year before and are just tried and true friends, as are their Mom's.... It was really a great year, Coop wise, I am not sure I will do two at a time again, but it was good for us this last year.

One thing I really love about coop is the family days when they include everyone, it is just a BLAST! So much fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment