Happy 2014! I won't lie 2013 went so fast and was such a GREAT year I am kind of sad to see it go, as I was making my list of get it done now items, catching my blog up so I can print it is on it, so hopefully I can spend some time and get caught up, we have been SO BUSY it is just crazy, I decided to start fresh and work backwards we will see how that goes, lol my memory is just not what it use to be.... For New Years Eve we were all quite exhausted, having just survived our Crazy week of Christmas, the party's, birthday's and blessing our little Audryn, so we bagged going to a friends house or even Grandma's and we had a little party of our own, the kids were in bed by 8:00 which is kind of late for us, but not bad for New years eve, We started our party off with hats, jammies and pizza with some sparkling cider of course, then we played a new game we had got called headbands we had to adapt a little for each kid but we had fun, after that we had our countdown, we had 10 balloons all with their own number on them, we practiced counting down, and then we as fast as we could found each balloon popped it and blew a horn then found the next at the end we sang and danced and blew our horns to bring in the new year.
After Games we made treats together and We finished our party with the annual watching of a new movie together, this year we choose despicable me 2. Audryn slept, the kids found seats in laundry baskets and stayed there almost the entire movie (we don't watch much tv, but when we do we don't let the kids run around I figure we should get some kind of perk out of tv and it is the kids learning to sit still, if the running starts I just turn the tv off, not that I want them glued to it either but it has helped them learn to sit) and who doesn't love sitting in a laundry basket eating treats, hahaha....
After the kids were all snug in their beds Doug and I brought in the new year watching a classic, it was so nice to just relax and watch a show together, we were tired too though and this year we were in bed before the ball dropped, which was a little sad to me I do love watching the ball dropping, but really I had a great time and I am not overly tired today, so maybe some new traditions in the making.....As I look back at 2013, I am so thankful for my family and friends, Doug and I are so blessed to know and associate with you all, and we are so blessed with our three wonderful kids who continually challenge us, stretch us and help us love in ways we simply didn't even know were possible. I can't wait to see what 2014 holds!
What a fun New Years Eve.
ReplyDelete