Both Addy and James Coop groups do field trips which I love! We are so blessed to have such fun friends that work so hard to make coop so good. James group went to the pumpkin patch/corn maize. The kids had so much fun and it was a blast to have our friends there, they were playing gourd tick tack toe, it was a little more like gourd take a square and a turn then tick tack toe, maybe next time, LOL
My Doug is so amazing, we rarely if ever go somewhere and he doesn't end up with extra kiddos in his arms, look close that isn't our James riding down with him, one of the other little boys in coop was having a hard time and he just decided Doug was going to be his friend, he hung out with Doug the whole time we were there even refusing to go with his mom, the more the merrier, we love it.
The kids thought the tire horses were the best, it was hard to get them off them, they had so many fun things for the kids, a cow train, corn texture box, teepee's, water games, corn tossing, the maize, a spiders web, I am sure I am forgetting things oh yes the pig racing, it was so fun, could have been a little warmer, but otherwise no complaints. What is fall without a chill right?
I am telling you what a Dad, I couldn't do much by way of the activities given I was 8 months pregnant, but it really didn't matter since Doug is just that good!
We took Addy's coop on a tour of a house being built, we were learning about building that day and had all kinds of fun, her group is much smaller then his, but it is kind of perfect for her age and needs. The kids thought the house was so cool, our kiddos are not strangers to construction by any means but it never seems to get old which is probably a good thing, Addy is getting really good at reading blue prints which makes Dad quite proud, she even noted on the blue print I had for our activity that it wasn't a very good house because there was only one bedroom, no room for kids, She was right it was the main level of a two story and I only had the one level so it looked like the house was meant for no kiddos and that would just be a crummy house.
A random picture of Doug, James and their snowman, we have had snow a couple times already this fall and now that Halloween is over the kids think it is time to kick it into gear for Christmas, funny kids. We will be making a countdown to THANKSGIVING to help them stay focused....
More of the field trip to one of Doug's houses for work
October was fire Safety Month and we had a unit on Fire and being safe, including introducing fire man sam,which the kids are completely engrossed with fire that is. We went to the fire station with Jim's coop we had such a good time they had a show for them on safety, they got to tour the fire truck and parts of the station
and the best part was spraying the fire hose. the kids talked about that for quite some time. Addy was lucky enough to get to go to another fire station the next day with her preschool Grandma volunteered to be her chaperon that time so I don't have any pictures. Addy also with her preschool got to volunteer at the hospital doing visits (they do it every month for service, I LOVE that) They went to a local store that had a pumpkin patch and straw maize they got to do fun crafts and pick out pumpkins Addy thought they were so nice to let them pick out pumpkins at the store and not have to pay for them. I agree it was quite nice of the store to invite them in and they had a field trip to a park to play in the leaves which Daughter like Mother may have been her most favorite part of all the field trips, We do love a good pile of leaves to jump in!
No comments:
Post a Comment